Skip to main content

Canton's Spice tomato ramen!

Let me tell you a story....

I was supposed to do this ramen review later in the week. But this morning, my sleepy self took a pack of this god-forsaken ramen for work by mistake, instead of my favorite black garlic and pork one.

I prefer doing the reviews at home, so I can add some stuff to the noodles if they need a little boost (or so I can outright throw them in the trash if they're nasty). But since I'm at work, I can't do any of that, and I do not have a second lunch. So let's cross fingers!

If you follow my blog, you maybe stumbled on my Pancit Canton review, which was the worse score I gave so far. When I saw this 4-pack of tomato ramen for 1$ (extremely cheap here), I knew this was a competitor for the worse score.

The pack didn't wait to disapoint! Expept the noodles, there is only a single pack of powdered sauce. No oil, no dried veggies. Just this sad little pack

But hey it's written in 2 languages!
You may notice there's a wierd plastic line over the packet. It's kind of a glued envelope but only on a part of the packet. It made opening it a bitch.
At this point I couldn't stop laughing. The powder looks like cheese powder for mac&cheese! And it smells exactly like ketchup
The oily surface on the water is not due to the powder, but to the noodles when they cooked...

And here is the ramen once the powder was mixed. I couldn't even do a glory shot. It's seriously one of the saddest ramen I've had! And now for the taste...


Disappointment. It just tastes like disappointment.
The noodles are okay, they're basic cheap ramen noodles.
The broth tastes barely anything. I only have a slight spicy ketchup aftertaste after a bite, but it's barely there...
Maybe it's a good thing

I was right, this one will go down as the worst ramen so far, with a 1.5/10 (and that's just because the noodles are not as bad as the broth!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pancit Canton's Kalamansi ramen

Today's ramen has been found in a grocery store, wedged between normal Mr.Noodle packs as if it didn't belong here  I don't know what kalamansi tastes like... Oh wow! So much text, in so many different languages! Except noodles, the pack contains: dry sauce, oil and what seems to be soy sauce (they really want me to feel lucky, that shit's written all over the packets) And in the dry sauce goes! It smells kinda sour, like my pho ramen from last time  . Hope it will taste as good! Woah OIL SPILL! I put both sauces in this picture, but the sweet soy sauce got drowned by the oil. The oil seems to be flavored (I know this cause those feken packets leak everywhere and I got some on my fingers)  luckily the oil seems to be mixing well now that I put the dry sauce in And now, for the taste... wow...it tastes like... nothing. I mean, I can taste some delicate flavors and they seem to be good, but they're so delicate even

MAMA's creamy Tomyum

 Today's ramen is MAMA's creamy shrimp Tomyum.  I have eaten some ramen from the MAMA brand but not this one, that I found in a wierd Chinatown store... Looking at the pack leaves me this question: How is this gonna be ''creamy''? Oh well, let's cook these noodles and look inside the pack! Pack includes this: noodles and 3 packs of stuff (thick sauce, dry sauce and chili powder) Ouh, that thick sauce is spicy! I'm lucky I tasted before putting in on the noodles. For the sake of my tastebuds I only added 3/4 of the packet Now the powder sauce and the chili powder! The powder sauce has a wierd smell, a...sour one? I'm starting to be wierded out by this ramen, I hope it's good! It would be a shame to lose those 56 cents. All mixed! It looks pretty good I must say, with some hope it'll taste as good!  The flavor is...interesting. But in a good way. The sourness I smelled is a lime taste, very present. There's no &#